As business and IP assets grow, so does the potential for disputes. We help reduce the risk of litigation, and if necessary, navigate to success in court proceedings. Our litigation practice covers all aspects of IP disputes. Those include trademark, service mark, and trade dress infringement; patent infringement; copyright infringement; dilution; unfair competition; counterfeiting; false advertising; misappropriation of trade secrets; and matters before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
• Negotiated favorable settlement in a complex copyright infringement case before the Western District of Tennessee, involving cognitive testing software and preliminary injunction litigation.
• Negotiated favorable settlement in a copyright infringement case before the Northern District of Mississippi, involving website code.
• Defended a multi-day jury trial involving trademark and copyright infringement issues before the Federal Court Southern District of Mississippi.
• Prepared multiple appeals to the Fifth, Sixth, and Tenth Circuit, involving copyright infringement and trademark and patent licensing agreement disputes.
• Served as general counsel for a technology company and prosecuted a number of patent infringement, breach of licensing agreement, and defamation claims in Mississippi and Alabama state and federal court.