In the course of operating a business, disputes often arise. While some matters can be resolved outside of the courtroom through skilled efforts in mediation and negotiation, others may require litigation. In these cases, the knowledgeable counsel of a business lawyer is of the utmost importance to protecting your interests. In addition to intellectual property disputes, we provides legal representation in business disputes involving:
- Contracts: Breach of Contract, Fraud, Interference
- Defamation, Unfair Competition, Misrepresentation, Negligence
- Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Collections
- Quite Title Actions, Adverse Possession, Trespass
- Will Contests, Heirship determination, Ancillary Probate
No matter what your needs are, we are here to serve you during this complicated and difficult time.
- Negotiated favorable settlement in an adverse possession case in Mississippi state court.
- Negotiated favorable settlement in a negligence action involving a trucking company.
- Negotiated favorable settlement in a negligence action involving a taxi company.
- Serve as general counsel for collections and foreclosures for a local bank.
- Serve as general counsel for collections for an advertising company.
- Served as general counsel for Mississippi and Alabama collections for a nationwide credit union.
- Served as general counsel for collections and surety bond claims for a construction supply company.
- Served as general counsel in defending Mississippi and Alabama negligence actions for an underground utility damage prevention company.
Mississippi Local Counsel
McDavid & Associates is capable and experienced in serving as local counsel in both state and federal Courts in Mississippi. We regularly serve as local counsel working in conjunction with managing counsel to provide effective representation for out-of-state clients.
Our attorneys are knowledgeable as to the various roles local counsel can serve in litigation. Further, we are experienced in assisting managing counsel through the pro hac vice admission process in both Mississippi state courts and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi.
If your clients are in need of experienced, knowledgeable, and efficient local counsel to assist in any litigation matter in Mississippi, please give us a call.